Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Images of Salvation


~ Are You Under His Care? ~   

The Bible uses many word pictures of salvation. Consider some of them.

Salvation is like a Rock  ~  “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation” (Psalm 95:1, c.f. Deuteronomy 32:15). 

Salvation is like a Horn  ~  “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2, c.f. Luke 1:69).

Salvation is like a Tower  ~  “He is the tower of salvation to His king, and shows mercy to His anointed, to David and his descendants forevermore” (2 Samuel 22:51).

Salvation is like a Helmet  ~  For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation on His head” (Isaiah 59:17a, c.f. Ephesians 6:17).  

Salvation is like a Shield  ~  “You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your gentleness has made me great” (2 Samuel 22:36).

Salvation is like a Lamp  ~  For Zion's sake I will not hold My peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, and her salvation as a lamp that burns” (Isaiah 62:1). 

Salvation is like a Cup  ~  I will take up the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord” (Psalm116:13). 

Salvation is like a Garment  ~  “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels” (Isaiah 61:10, c.f. 2 Chronicles 6:41, Psalm 132:16).  

Salvation is like a Well  ~  Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation” (Isaiah 12:3).    

Salvation is like Walls and Bulwarks  ~  In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: ‘We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks’” (Isaiah 26:1).

Conclusion  ~  “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:57-58).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment