~ Messiah Would Be Rejected ~
“Search the Scriptures—they testify of Me.”
— Jesus Christ (John 5:39)
“Why do the nations conspire [the Gentiles] and the peoples [the Jews] plot in vain? The kings of the earth [the political rulers] take their stand and the rulers [the religious leaders] gather together against the Lord and against His Anointed One [The Messiah]” (Psalm 2:1-2).
“But first He [Jesus] must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation” (Luke 17:25).
”He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name” (John 1:10-13).
“I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive” (John 5:43).
“So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way” (Luke 4:28-30).
“And they all cried out at once, saying, ‘Away with this Man, and release to us Barabbas’” (Luke 23:18).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “MESSIAH” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Saturday ALN posts an example of a Hebrew Scriptures prophecy (or foreshadowing) related to the coming Messiah which was fulfilled in the birth, life, death, or resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(2) While extensive it will not be a complete list—there are hundreds of prophecies of the coming Messiah which have been fulfilled by one man—Jesus Christ at His First Coming.
(3) It is important that there are many more prophecies of the Messiah, yet unfulfilled, which Christians believe will be fulfilled at the time of His Second Coming. A particularly relevant Scripture verse in this regard is: “Do not despise prophesies” (1 Thessalonians 5:20).
(4) These posts will typically consist only of Scripture—which speaks for itself. Sometimes italicized or bold font will be used by ALN for emphasis.
(5) The numbering of these fulfilled prophecies of the Messiah is used to differentiate individual posts. It is not chronological (either by time of the prophecy or by sequence in the life of the Messiah). The posting sequence will, for the most part, be in the order that the prophecies appear in Scripture.
(6) Because of the chosen methodology (#5 above) we will find many specific prophecies repeated multiple times throughout the Scriptures.
(7) These serial posts are in addition to our regular Tuesday ALN postings on random topics.
(8) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW