~ Judgment Would Fall On Messiah’s Betrayer ~
“Search the Scriptures—they testify of Me.”
— Jesus Christ (John 5:39)
“Let their table become a snare before them, and their well-being a trap. Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see; and make their loins shake continually. Pour out Your indignation upon them, and let Your wrathful anger take hold of them. Let their dwelling place be desolate; let no one live in their tents. For they persecute the ones You have struck, and talk of the grief of those You have wounded. Add iniquity to their iniquity, and let them not come into Your righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous” (Psalm 69:22-28).
“And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples (altogether the number of names was about a hundred and twenty), and said, ‘Men and brethren, this Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke before by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus; for he was numbered with us and obtained a part in this ministry.’ (Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out. And it became known to all those dwelling in Jerusalem; so that field is called in their own language, Akel Dama, that is, Field of Blood.) ‘For it is written in the Book of Psalms: “Let his dwelling place be desolate, and let no one live in it;” and, “Let another take his office”’” (Acts 1:15-20).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “MESSIAH” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Saturday ALN posts an example of a Hebrew Scriptures prophecy (or foreshadowing) related to the coming Messiah which was fulfilled in the birth, life, death, or resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(2) While extensive it will not be a complete list—there are hundreds of prophecies of the coming Messiah which have been fulfilled by one man—Jesus Christ at His First Coming.
(3) It is important that there are many more prophecies of the Messiah, yet unfulfilled, which Christians believe will be fulfilled at the time of His Second Coming. A particularly relevant Scripture verse in this regard is: “Do not despise prophesies” (1 Thessalonians 5:20).
(4) These posts will typically consist only of Scripture—which speaks for itself. Sometimes italicized or bold font will be used by ALN for emphasis.
(5) The numbering of these fulfilled prophecies of the Messiah is used to differentiate individual posts. It is not chronological (either by time of the prophecy or by sequence in the life of the Messiah). The posting sequence will, for the most part, be in the order that the prophecies appear in Scripture.
(6) Because of the chosen methodology (#5 above) we will find many specific prophecies repeated multiple times throughout the Scriptures.
(7) These serial posts are in addition to our regular Tuesday ALN postings on random topics.
(8) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW