Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In Him



~ Benefits of Being In the Godhead! ~          

Those who know me sometimes comment about the way I usually end my correspondence. For many years instead of ending with “Sincerely Yours,” “Yours Truly,” or other rather traditional endings I use the closing phrase, “In Him.” It is my only “claim to fame”—that I am His child through no merit of my own! Consider some statements from Scripture about our relationship in Him.

Faith In Him  ~  “For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ” (Colossians 2:5). 

Redemption In Him  ~  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Ephesians 1:7).   

Accepted In Him  ~  “to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved” (Ephesians 1:6). 

Rooted In Him  ~  Rooted and built up in Him” (Colossians 2:7).   

Built Up In Him  ~  “Rooted and built up in Him(Colossians 2:7).  

Walking In Him  ~  As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6).   

Complete In Him  ~  You are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power” (Colossians 2:10). 

summary:  None of this should be surprising since, “In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9). 

Can you think of other “in Him” Scripture passages? 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment