Sunday, September 8, 2013

Jesus Christ Working For You



~ 3 Aspects of Jesus’ Working for Your Benefit ~

Suffering In Weakness For Your Benefit (as a Worm)  ~  “But You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You delivered them. They cried to You, and were delivered; they trusted in You, and were not ashamed. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised by the people” (Psalm 22:3-6).

Guiding You Faithfully For Your Benefit (as a Shepherd)  ~  “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake” (Psalm 23:1-3).

Reigning In Righteousness For Your Benefit (as our King)  ~  “Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle” (Psalm 24:7-8). 

note:  A related post “Christ Our Shepherd” (October 19, 2010) also connects Psalm 22, 23, and 24.

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment