Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christ’s Focus


~ Are You Imitating Your Savior? ~

While on earth Jesus Christ lived a life which was tightly focused on His mission for His Father.  He was able to do this because He understood His mission, purpose, and calling, and He was able to set priorities based on those items.  How about you? 

His Focus  ~  Jesus said, “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.  This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.  And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:38-40).  “And He [Jesus] said to them, ‘Why did you seek Me?  Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?’” (Luke 2:49).  Jesus said, “I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work” (John 9:4).  “Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem” (Luke 9:51).  

Our Focus  ~  “Then Jesus said to them, ‘Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.’  They immediately left their nets and followed Him” (Mark 1:17-18).  Jesus said, “If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor” (John 12:26).  Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand” (John 10:27-28).  “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2). 

His Resources  ~  Jesus recognized that He must rely on strength from above, “I can of Myself do nothing.  As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me” (John 5:30). 

Our Resources  ~  Jesus said, “In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.  Your kingdom come.  Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:9-10).  Jesus said, “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me” (John 6:57).  His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust” (2 Peter 1:3-4). 

His Success  ~  Jesus said, “I have glorified You [God the Father] on the earth.  I have finished the work which You have given Me to do” (John 17:4). 

Our Success  ~  “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, ‘If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.  And you shall [not “might”] know the truth, and the truth shall make you free’” (John 8:31-32).  Jesus said, “His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord’” (Matthew 25:21). 

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment