Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is That In The Bible? 9



~ “Let Go and Let God” ~

Words by themselves are meaningless.  It is only when we attach meaning to the words that communication occurs. The principle behind this phrase can be found in the Bible, but the phrase can be heresy when different meanings are behind the words and the phrase. 

 “Let Go and Let God”  ~  If this phrase means I do not take responsibility for my spiritual growth, it is error.  If I am praying for a medical miracle but I refuse to take proper care and seek suitable medical assistance, I am headed down a dangerously wrong path.

If, on the other hand, the phrase is intended to convey that I can trust my small life to the Creator of the Universe, then I are working from truth.  There is wonderful truth in an old hymn which says, “Our times are in Your hands, Father we would wish them there!”

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You” (Isaiah 26:3).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW



If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment