Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Christian Ed



~ 5 Critical Areas of Christian Education ~

Here are five wonderful things for all Christians to learn—and relearn, which relate to all areas of our life as Christians. 

Learn of Christ (inner life)  ~  Jesus said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30). 

Learn to Keep the Word (social life)  ~  You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord, according to Your word.  Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe Your commandments.  Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.   You are good, and do good; teach me Your statutes.  The proud have forged a lie against me,  but I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.  Their heart is as fat as grease, but I delight in Your law.  It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes.  The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver” (Psalm 119:65-72). 

Learn to Be Responsible (home life)  ~  Honor widows who are really widows.  But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show piety at home and to repay their parents; for this is good and acceptable before God.  Now she who is really a widow, and left alone, trusts in God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day.  But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.  And these things command, that they may be blameless.  But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever” (1 Timothy 5:3-8). 

Learn to Do Well (church life)  ~  Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes.  Cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, rebuke the oppressor; defend the fatherless, plead for the widow” (Isaiah 1:16-17). 

Learn to Affirm Good Works (world life)  ~  This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works.  These things are good and profitable to men” (Titus 3:8).  And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful” (Titus 3:14). 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment