Tuesday, April 15, 2014

God In You, 2of4



~ Abiding Aspects of God In You ~

Word Of God Abiding In You  ~  I have written to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning.  I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one” (1 John 2:14). 

Abiding In The Light  ~  He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.  He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.  But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes” (1 John 2:9-11). 

Not Abiding In Darkness  ~  Jesus said, “I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness” (John 12:46).

Abiding In Christ  ~  Jesus said, “Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.  By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.  As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love” (John 15:4-10). 

Abiding in Love  ~  For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another” (1 John 3:11). 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website. 

If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment