~ Jesus Christ, the Man of Sorrows, Is Seen in the Weeping Prophet ~
The Bible is about Jesus Christ ~ “Jesus said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter His glory?’ And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself” (Luke 24:25-27).
The book of Lamentations is largely a deep concern for Israel. “I am the man who has seen affliction by the rod of His wrath. He has led me and made me walk in darkness and not in light” (Lamentations 3:1-2). The crying out is from a man who has taken the identity of Jerusalem personally—the problems Jerusalem must face are taken on as his own.
Later in both Matthew’s and Luke’s account of the Messiah’s time on earth we find our Savior concerned about Jerusalem.
Jesus lamented, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’” (Luke 13:34-35, parallel passage Matthew 23:37-39).
Jesus Christ, Israel’s Messiah, went to the Cross of Calvary for the sin of the world.
The Apostle Paul told us the Scriptures present many shadows of things to come but the reality is found in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:17).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “JESUS CHRIST IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE” SERIES ~~~
(1) Approximately once a month ALN posts an overview of how Jesus Christ is seen in a specific book of the Bible.
(2) In most cases these posts only scratch the surface regarding Jesus Christ in the particular book.
(3) These posts will typically be in the same order as the books are found in the Bible.
(4) These serial posts are in addition to our other ALN postings.
(5) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .