~ Did You Get It Right? ~
~~~~ bible answer ~~~~
question 9: How many Biblical characters were stoned to death?
answer: At least seven …
(1) The son of Shelemith (for cursing) ~ Leviticus 24:11, 23
(2) Anonymous (for gathering sticks on the Sabbath) ~ Numbers 15:32, 36
(3) Achan (for taking a forbidden thing) ~ Joshua 6:18-19; 7:1-26
(4) Adoram (he was a tax-gatherer of a hated king ~ 1 Kings 12:18
(5) Naboth (falsely accused of blaspheming—because King Ahab wanted his property) ~ 1 Kings 21:1-16
(6) Zechariah (because of unpopular preaching) ~ 2 Chronicles 24:20-21
(7) Stephen (because of unpopular preaching) ~ Acts 7:54-60
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).