~ Messiah Would Be Physically Struck ~
“Search the Scriptures—they testify of Me.”
— Jesus Christ (John 5:39)
“‘Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, against the Man who is My Companion,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘Strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered; then I will turn My hand against the little ones’” (Zechariah 13:7).
“And Jesus, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha, where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center” (John 19:17-18). “Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe” (John 19:31-35).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “MESSIAH” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Saturday ALN posts an example of a Hebrew Scriptures prophecy (or foreshadowing) related to the coming Messiah which was fulfilled in the birth, life, death, or resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(2) While extensive it will not be a complete list—there are hundreds of prophecies of the coming Messiah which have been fulfilled by one man—Jesus Christ at His First Coming.
(3) It is important that there are many more prophecies of the Messiah, yet unfulfilled, which Christians believe will be fulfilled at the time of His Second Coming. A particularly relevant Scripture verse in this regard is: “Do not despise prophesies” (1 Thessalonians 5:20).
(4) These posts will typically consist only of Scripture—which speaks for itself. Sometimes italicized or bold font will be used by ALN for emphasis.
(5) The numbering of these fulfilled prophecies of the Messiah is used to differentiate individual posts. It is not chronological (either by time of the prophecy or by sequence in the life of the Messiah). The posting sequence will, for the most part, be in the order that the prophecies appear in Scripture.
(6) Because of the chosen methodology (#5 above) we will find many specific prophecies repeated multiple times throughout the Scriptures.
(7) These serial posts are in addition to our regular Tuesday ALN postings on random topics.
(8) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .