~ Jesus Christ Is Our Great Sacrifice and Resurrected Savior ~
The Bible is about Jesus Christ ~ “Jesus said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter His glory?’ And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself” (Luke 24:25-27).
Jesus Christ in the Letters Addressed to the Corinthians ~ Throughout these two books we see the power of the love of Jesus Christ and Him giving the gifts of the Holy Spirit to His Church.
Jesus Christ in the Epistle of 1 Corinthians ~ In the first epistle to the Corinthians we see Jesus Christ as the great unifier, the great sacrifice, the resurrected Savior, the first fruits from among the dead, our sanctification, and the coming Lord.
Note also that the Old Testament contains a lot concerning wisdom, honor, and strength. The Messiah displays those traits, but in an amazing reality He came and died in a manner which seemed to be foolish, dishonorable, and weak. The key to understanding The Messiah and Christianity is in His resurrection from the dead. The Messiah was raised from death to glory. Christians—those who truly believe in Him and have accepted Him as their only way to God—share in His resurrection both now in newness of life and in the final resurrection for eternal life with Him.
Comment ~ We have only touched the surface of Christ in the book of 1 Corinthians. The Apostle Paul told us the Scriptures present many shadows of things to come but the reality is found in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:17).
Compare the Following Passages ~ “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh” (Genesis 2:24). “For ‘the two,’ He says, ‘shall become one flesh.’ But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him” ( 1 Corinthians 6:16b-17).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “JESUS CHRIST IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE” SERIES ~~~
(1) Approximately once a month ALN posts an overview of how Jesus Christ is seen in a specific book of the Bible.
(2) In most cases these posts only scratch the surface regarding Jesus Christ in the particular book.
(3) These posts will typically be in the same order as the books are found in the Bible.
(4) These serial posts are in addition to our other ALN postings.
(5) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .