~ Jesus Christ Is The Great Reconciler ~
The Bible is about Jesus Christ ~ “Jesus said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter His glory?’ And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself” (Luke 24:25-27).
Jesus Christ in the Books Addressed to the Corinthians ~ Throughout these two books we see the power of the love of Jesus Christ and Him giving the gifts of the Holy Spirit to His Church.
Jesus Christ in the Book of 2 Corinthians ~ Jesus Christ is the great Reconciler, He is the One who anoints, He is the Son of God, our great sufficiency, and God’s unspeakable gift to us. The great message of 2 Corinthians is that sinful individuals can be reconciled with God because of the work of Jesus Christ.
In the Old Testament (Old Covenant) Moses was the minister. The Mosaic Covenant was written in stone and hence possessed a fading brilliance. But when Jesus Christ comes as The Messiah He brings a New Covenant (New Testament) which rather than written in stone is written on the hearts of men—it does not lose its brilliance over time but rather possesses an eternal glory. Christians are currently His ministers of this New Covenant.
Comment ~ We have only touched the surface of Christ in the book of 2 Corinthians. The Apostle Paul told us the Scriptures present many shadows of things to come but the reality is found in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:17).
Compare the Following Passages ~ “One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established” (Deuteronomy 19:15). “This will be the third time I am coming to you. ‘By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established’” (2 Corinthians 13:1).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “JESUS CHRIST IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE” SERIES ~~~
(1) Approximately once a month ALN posts an overview of how Jesus Christ is seen in a specific book of the Bible.
(2) In most cases these posts only scratch the surface regarding Jesus Christ in the particular book.
(3) These posts will typically be in the same order as the books are found in the Bible.
(4) These serial posts are in addition to our other ALN postings.
(5) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .