~ REVIEW: Jesus Christ is the Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures ~
Background ~ Jesus Christ said, “Search the Scriptures—they testify of Me” (John 5:39). “And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, Jesus explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures” (Luke 24:27).
On each Sabbath day for over five and a half years Abundant Life Now has posted evidence that Jesus Christ was and is indeed The Messiah. In our final post in this series we are reviewing some of the many factors which clearly show that Jesus Christ is The Messiah.
Many Prophecies He fulfilled ~ For a quick summary review Abundant Life Now post of November 12, 2016 entitled “Messiah, 287A” which provides a sampling of some of the many fulfilled prophecies.
Consider the Odds ~ Mathematicians have calculated that the odds of one person fulfilling just 8 of these prophecies is 1 in 1028. In other words 1 chance out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000! Jesus Christ fulfilled over 400 prophecies!
Many Scriptures Point to Jesus Christ ~ Consider just three chapters from the Hebrew Scriptures:
1) ALN posted 9 times regarding Leviticus 23 (Messiah, 289A thru 297A, dated from November 26, 2016 through January 21, 2017). Note: Prior posts are indexed by date on the left column of Abundant Life Now.
2) ALN posted 12 times regarding Psalm 22 (Messiah, 49 through 60, dated from June 9 through August 25, 2012). Prior posts are indexed by date on the left column of Abundant Life Now.
3) ALN posted 12 times regarding Isaiah 53 (Messiah, 186 through 197, dated from January 10 through March 28, 2015). Prior posts are indexed by date on the left column of Abundant Life Now.
As has been seen during these past years many other Hebrew Scriptures point to Jesus Christ as The Messiah.
Many Testimonies of His Contemporaries ~ He was often referred to as “The Christ [Messiah]” by His Contemporaries. Consider the ALN post “Messiah, 298A” (January 28, 2017).
Jesus Christ Claimed To Be The Messiah ~ Jesus Christ often referred to Himself as The Messiah. Consider the ALN post “Messiah, 299A” (February 4, 2017).
Many New Testament References ~ So many references in the New Testament to Jesus Christ related to Him being The Messiah. Consider the ALN post “Messiah, 300A” (February 11, 2017).
Closing Scriptures ~ “Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence” (Colossians 1:15-18). “Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord. And again, ‘The Lord will judge His people.’ It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:28-31).
Closing Statement ~ You are going to bow down to Jesus Christ—The Messiah. That is a fact. The only questions are:
- “When will you bow down?”
- “Will it be soon for salvation?” or,
- “Will it be when you meet Him as your Judge?”
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .