Sunday, March 12, 2017

Christ Listens, 1of2



~ Do You Regularly Report Back to Your Savior? ~

Passage  ~  “Then the apostles gathered to Jesus and told Him all things, both what they had done and what they had taught.  And He said to them, ‘Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.’  For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.  So they departed to a deserted place in the boat by themselves” (Mark 6:30-32). 

Applications  ~  Am I following the disciples example?  Do I report back to my Savior the results of each day?  Do I honestly admit my failures?  Do I include the temptations I faced?  Do I include sins of omission as well as those of commission?  Do I sincerely ask for feedback regarding what I could have done more effectively for Him?  Do I share my frustrations with well-intentioned efforts which seemingly failed?

When the disciples had toiled all day and caught nothing were they tempted to avoid interaction with their Master?  On fruitless days do we avoid communing with our Savior? 

Conclusion  ~  Tell your Savior everything!  That is the kind of end-of-day which is meaningful and will bring greater blessing to your life.  A side benefits of such daily prayer is that it will maintain our intimacy, we may well receive direct instructions from Him (see part 2 of this post), and it will strengthen us for improved service for Him. 

the key question:  “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15).  This is the most important question you will ever answer.  If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment