Sunday, June 11, 2017

Christ Did



~ What Has Christ Done? ~

A Key Passage  ~  Jesus said, “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.  I have glorified You on the earth.  I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.  And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.  I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world.  They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.  Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You.  For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.   I pray for them [not just past tense but continuously].  I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours” (John 17:3-9). 

Comment  ~  Obviously, each of the five items listed in the passage above could be unpacked to a very large degree.  Consider as just one example all the miracles which Jesus Christ did while on earth.  The best summary of the accomplishments of Jesus Christ—The Messiah—is succinctly stated:  “When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, ‘It is finished! And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit” (John 19:30). 

The Key (not to be missed)  ~  When our Savior said “It is finished!” the work of salvation was complete.  It was and is DONE for all time.  All other religions are a matter of human works of DO whereas Christians are able to have peace and confidence because it is DONE.  Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’  If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I” (John 14:27-28).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment