Sunday, February 25, 2018

Jesus Is…, 25



~ Jesus Christ Is The Last ~

Passages  ~  “And when I [John] saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.  But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, ‘Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.  I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.  Amen.  And I have the keys of Hades and of Death’” (Revelation 1:17-18).
Jesus said, "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life’” (Revelation 2:8).
Jesus also said, “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.  I am the Alpha and the Omega [first and last letter of the Greek alphabet, i.e., the A and the Z], the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last’” (Revelation 22:12-13).

Significance  ~  “Jesus said to Thomas, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me’” (John 14:6).  Because He is absolute truth He will have the final word in all things including judgment.  “Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, ‘Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him’” (Jude 14-15).

Comment  ~  Do you know personally the One who Is Truth? 

the key question:  “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15).  This is the most important question you will ever answer.  If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment