~ I Am Created To Be Unique ~
Introduction ~ When Christians understand the various characteristics and aspects of the birthright which came with their second birth, they comprehend their identity in Christ. Once Christians understand their identity, their destiny is also clear! This series of “Abundant Life Now” posts will look at one of those facets each week.
This Week’s Verse ~ “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them” (Psalm 139:13-16).
“He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love” (Ephesians 4:11-16).
“God's gifts and his call are irrevocable” (Romans 11:29).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “IDENTITY IN CHRIST” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Monday ALN posts an example of Scripture’s description of aspects/characteristics of Christians—those who have personally trusted in Jesus Christ, The Messiah, as their personal Savior.
(2) This series is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
(3) God the Father described Himself to Moses as the great “I AM” (Exodus 3:14). God the Son also said “I AM” (John 8:58).
(4) Jesus Christ is the Son of God and several times in the Gospel of John He refers to Himself as “I am.” “I am the Bread of Life” (6:35-51), “I am the Light of the World” (8:12, 9:5), “I am the Door” (10:7-9), “I am the Good Shepherd” (10:11-14), “I am the Son of God” (10:36), “I am the Resurrection and the Life” (11:25), “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (14:6), “I am in the Father, and the Father in Me … Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me” (John 14:10-11), and “I am the True Vine” (15:1-5).
(5) Individual Christians are also sons and daughters of God. This series will show some of the various “I am” aspects of a Christian.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .