~ “Whose You Are” Is More Important Than “Who You Are”! ~
Throughout this Monday series of 175 posts (beginning on January 5, 2015 through today, June 18, 2018) we looked at our “Identity in Christ.” As a summary to the series, this final post looks at a few consequences of our Identity in Christ.
In Christ We Have Been Accepted Into God’s Family ~ “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved” (Ephesians 1:3-6).
In Christ We Have A Down Payment ~ “Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come” (2 Corinthians 1:21-22). “Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come” (2 Corinthians 5:5). “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory” (Ephesians 1:13-14).
note: “Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us” (2 Timothy 1:14).
In Christ We Have An Endowment ~ ”And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). “Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust” (2 Peter 1:2-4).
In Christ We Have An Inheritance ~ “In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory” (Ephesians 1:11-12).
In Christ We Are Eternally Secure ~ “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand” (John 10:27-28).
In Christ We Have Eternal Life With God ~ Jesus said, “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:1-4).
Summary of This Series ~ While there are many important aspects of our “Identity in Christ” here are some that stand out to me:
1) Knowing your “Identity in Christ” is the divine cure for insecurity!
2) The key aspect of my significance is my position in Jesus Christ. He called me “out of darkness and into His marvelous light” and made me part of His “royal priesthood” (1 Peter 2:9).
3) Jesus Christ has given me, and each of His children, various grace gifts (1 Peter 4:10) and He is continuing to work in me and through me (Ephesians 2:10).
4) Understanding your “Identity in Christ” is essential for victorious Christian living!
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .