~ God Doesn’t Think The Way We Do ~
The Biblical account of the life of Gideon provides for one of the most interesting character studies in all of Scripture. In this series we will discover practical lessons for living the Christian life today.
Scripture ~ “But the Lord said to Gideon, ‘The people are still too many; bring them down to the water, and I will test them for you there. Then it will be, that of whom I say to you, “This one shall go with you,” the same shall go with you; and of whomever I say to you, “This one shall not go with you,” the same shall not go’” (Judges 7:4).
Learn From Gideon ~ 22,000 of the 32,000 were “fearful and afraid.” Gideon’s army was downsized from 32,000 to just 10,000!
- God doesn’t think the same way we do, “‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- It is God who chooses. “You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9). “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4).
- God wants us to be and stay humble. “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men, and being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross” (Philippians 2:7-8).
concluding comment ~ We learn about Gideon primarily from Judges 6-8, but also Isaiah 9:1-7, and Hebrews 11:1-3, 32-34.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .