Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Angels, 1of27


~ 7 P’s of Angelic Ministry: POINT ~ 

Prolog  ~  Angels are God’s special undercover agents who bring messages from God and minister to God’s people.  “But to which of the angels has He ever said: ‘Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool’?  Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?” (Hebrews 1:13-14). 

#1 – Angels POINT the Way (for us to go)  ~  “Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.  Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him.  But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.  For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will cut them off.  You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars” (Exodus 23:20-24).

“Now therefore, go, lead the people to the place of which I have spoken to you.  Behold, My Angel shall go before you.  Nevertheless, in the day when I visit for punishment, I will visit punishment upon them for their sin” (Exodus 32:34).

Epilog  ~  Angels are spirit beings and invisible.  However, sometimes in Scripture they appear in human form.  Scripture reminds us: “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels” (Hebrews 13:2).  

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment