~ Although Afraid He Obeyed ~
The Biblical account of the life of Gideon provides for one of the most interesting character studies in all of Scripture. In this series we will discover practical lessons for living the Christian life today.
Scripture ~ “It happened on the same night that the Lord said to him, ‘Arise, go down against the camp, for I have delivered it into your hand. But if you are afraid to go down, go down to the camp with Purah your servant, and you shall hear what they say; and afterward your hands shall be strengthened to go down against the camp.’ Then he went down with Purah his servant to the outpost of the armed men who were in the camp” (Judges 7:9-11).
Learn From Gideon ~ This is what faith is all about! Even though I am fearful I trust my Savior completely.
- He loved you enough to die on the Cross for you—can you not trust Him with the events of your life today?
- Somebody came up with this FAITH acrostic: “Forsaking All I Trust Him.” Can you truly echo that?
- “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17). If you lack adequate faith it may well be that you have not been spending enough time in God’s Word.
- “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20).
- “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). What is stopping you from stepping forward in faith?
concluding comment ~ We learn about Gideon primarily from Judges 6-8, but also Isaiah 9:1-7, and Hebrews 11:1-3, 32-34.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .