~ Man’s Heart Is Desperately Wicked ~
The Biblical account of the life of Gideon provides for one of the most interesting character studies in all of Scripture. In this series we will discover practical lessons for living the Christian life today.
Scripture ~ “So it was, as soon as Gideon was dead, that the children of Israel again played the harlot with the Baals, and made Baal-Berith their god” (Judges 8:33).
Learn From Gideon ~ Do you know your own heart? Do you understand your own behavior?
- It’s been the same old story that is repeated since the Garden of Eden. Man has a propensity to forget the lessons of history.
- Here is a summary of mankind’s cycle:
- Serving God >>
- Allowing sin and evil (entering into spiritual slavery) >>
- God forsakes them >>
- Turning to false gods (and religions) >>
- God allows them to enter physical slavery >>
- In distress they call out to God >>
- They repent >>
- God raises up a spiritual leader >>
- (The cycle repeats!)
Challenge For Us ~ This cycle is not just with nations but also plays out in individuals. Where are you right now in this cycle?
concluding comment ~ We learn about Gideon primarily from Judges 6-8, but also Isaiah 9:1-7, and Hebrews 11:1-3, 32-34.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .