Saturday, February 23, 2019

Salvation, 24


~ Your Debt Has Been Paid… Go Claim It! ~

Salvation is not a Reward for the Righteous.
It is an available Gift for those who understand their Guilt!

Debt Should Be Avoided  ~  Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law” (Romans 13:8).  Jesus said, “Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way.  First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.  Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.  Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny” (Matthew 5:23-26).

The Debtor Is Under The Creditor’s Power  ~  “The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender” (Proverbs 22:7).  “A certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, saying, ‘Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord.  And the creditor is coming to take my two sons to be his slaves’” (2 Kings 4:1).

Debt May Be Paid By A Friend  ~  “But if he has wronged you or owes anything, put that on my account.  I, Paul, am writing with my own hand.  I will repay—not to mention to you that you owe me even your own self besides” (Philemon 18-19).

Sin Is A Huge Debt  ~  “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.  And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.  But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made” (Matthew 18:23-25).  “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).

We Can Never Pay Sin’s Debt  ~  “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions.  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin” (Psalm 51:1-2).  If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?  But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared” (Psalm 130:3-4).

Our Sin Debt Was Paid At Great Price  ~  “Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:18-19).   

When Paid Debt Is Cancelled Forever  ~  “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins” (Isaiah 43:25).  

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment