Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Spiritual War, 11of20



~ Spiritual War: Our Offensive Equipment ~ 

Offensive Equipment  ~  Many Bible teachers falsely (I believe) that the sword of the spirit is our only offensive weapon.  Consider a number of others…

Truth (knowing and utilizing doctrine)  ~  We find truth in the Word of God.  Jesus Christ is the Truth (John 14:6).  Jesus Christ is the grand theme of the Bible.  “Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness…  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:14, 17).  When our Commander-In-Chief fought with our enemy He used the Word of God in each of His battles (see Matthew 4:1-11, note especially verses 4, 7, and 10).

Righteousness (living increasingly Christ-like)  ~  “Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness” (Ephesians 6:14).

Faith (trust in God’s sovereignty)  ~  “Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one” (Ephesians 6:16).  While it is true that a shield is a defensive weapon it also allows you to advance.  In fact faith is arguably the strongest offensive weapon available to the believer. 

Foot Care  ~  We have been provided with all the provisions we need (Ephesians 6:10-18) but we must utilize them wisely.  One of the most important aspects of equipment for a foot soldier is proper footwear—provisions for our feet are provided.
Having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace” (Ephesians 6:15).

Strength For The Battles  ~  It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.  He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze” (Psalm 18:32-34). 

Victories Are From God  ~  “I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.  I have wounded them, so that they could not rise; they have fallen under my feet.  For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.  You have also given me the necks of my enemies, so that I destroyed those who hated me” (Psalm 18:37-40).

Comment  ~  Abundant Life Now previously posted a series on the Christian’s Armor.  The posts directly related to offense include: 

The Belt of Truth, February 19, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 2of9         

Shoes of Peace, February 21, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 4of9                       

Sword of The Spirit, February 26, 2014, Our Whole Armor, 7of9     


~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .


No comments:

Post a Comment