~ Are You Secure In The Blood of Jesus Christ? ~
In many churches today the blood of Christ is rarely mentioned. The Bible talks a lot about the blood of our Savior. Consider some of the benefits we receive as a result of the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins.
(1) The Blood of Christ Procures Redemption ~ “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Ephesians 1:7).
(2) The Blood of Christ Secures Justification ~ “For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him” (Romans 5:6-9).
(3) The Blood of Christ Ensures Cleansing ~ “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us” (1 John 1:7-10).
(4) The Blood of Christ Makes Peace ~ “For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled” (Colossians 1:19-21).
(5) The Blood of Christ Effects Sanctification ~ “Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate” (Hebrews 13:12).
(6) The Blood of Christ Gives Nearness ~ “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ” (Ephesians 2:13).
(7) The Blood of Christ Brings Victory ~ “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony”(Revelation 12:10-11a).
(Summary) The Blood of Christ Offers Forgiveness ~ “Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22b).
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW