~ 20 Cans of Spiritual Success ~
Someone has said that “success comes in cans and failure in cannots.” Consider for example the following 20 cans of spiritual success.
The “20 Cans of Spiritual Success” taken from God’s Word will expand your knowledge of the object of our faith, the Almighty God. Building your faith by internalizing these truths will help lift you from the miry clay of the “cannots” to the reality that in Christ you can do all things—because He will strengthen you.
NOTE: The source of the original list of Bible “cans” is unknown.
1. Why should I say I can’t when the Bible says “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13)?
2. Why should I lack when I know that “God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19)?
3. Why should I fear when the Bible says “God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7)?
4. Why should I lack faith to fulfill my calling, knowing that God has allotted to me a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)?
5. Why should I be weak when the Bible says that the Lord is the strength of my life and that I will display strength and take action because I know God (Psalm 27:1, Daniel 11:32)?
6. Why should I allow Satan supremacy over my life when “He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4)?
7. Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that “God always leads me in triumph” (2 Corinthians 2:14)?
8. Why should I lack wisdom when Christ became wisdom to me from God and God gives wisdom to me generously when I ask Him for it (1 Corinthians 1:30, James 1:5)?
9. Why should I be depressed when I can recall to mind God’s loving kindness, compassion, and faithfulness, and have hope (Lamentations 3:21-23)?
10. Why should I worry and fret when I can “cast all my anxiety on Christ who cares for me” (1 Peter 5:7)?
11. Why should I ever be in bondage knowing that “there is liberty where the Spirit of the Lord is” (2 Corinthians 3:17)?
12. Why should I feel condemned when the Bible says I am not condemned because I am in Christ (Romans 8:1)?
13. Why should I feel alone when Jesus said He is with me always and He will never leave me nor forsake me (Matthew 28:20, Hebrews 13:5)?
14. Why should I feel accursed or that I am the victim of bad luck when the Bible says that Christ redeemed me from the curse of the law that I might receive His Spirit (Galatians 3:13-14)?
15. Why should I be discontented when I, like Paul, can learn to be content in all my circumstances (Philippians 4:11)?
16. Why should I feel worthless when Christ became sin on my behalf that I might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)?
17. Why should I have a persecution complex knowing that nobody can be against me when God is for me (Romans 8:31)?
18. Why should I be confused when God is the author of peace and He gives me knowledge through His indwelling Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:33, 2:12)?
19. Why should I feel like a failure when I am a conqueror in all things through Christ (Romans 8:37)?
20. Why should I let the pressures of life bother me when I can take courage knowing that Jesus has overcome the world and its tribulations (John 16:33)?
“I do believe, help my unbelief” (Mark 9:24).
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW