Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Angels, 7of27


~ 7 P’s of Angelic Ministry: PRESERVE ~ 

Prolog  ~  Angels are God’s special undercover agents who bring messages from God and minister to God’s people.  “But to which of the angels has He ever said: ‘Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool’?  Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?” (Hebrews 1:13-14). 

#7 – Angels PRESERVE Us (in all our activities)  ~  “But Abraham said to him, ‘Beware that you do not take my son back there.  The Lord God of heaven, who took me from my father's house and from the land of my family, and who spoke to me and swore to me, saying, “To your descendants I give this land,” He will send His angel before you, and you shall take a wife for my son from there’” (Genesis 24:6-7).

“But he said to me, ‘The Lord, before whom I walk, will send His angel with you and prosper your way; and you shall take a wife for my son from my family and from my father’s house.  You will be clear from this oath when you arrive among my family; for if they will not give her to you, then you will be released from my oath’” (Genesis 24:40-41).

‘I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord has bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies, according to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses.  For He said, ‘Surely they are My people, children who will not lie.’  So He became their Savior.  In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His presence saved them; in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them and carried them all the days of old.  But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; so He turned Himself against them as an enemy, and He fought against them” (Isaiah 63:7-10).

“But after long abstinence from food, then Paul stood in the midst of them and said, ‘Men, you should have listened to me, and not have sailed from Crete and incurred this disaster and loss.  And now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship.  For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, saying, “Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.”  Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me.  However, we must run aground on a certain island’” (Acts 27:21-26). 

Comment  ~  We have our completed our “7 P’s of Angelic Ministry.”  By review they are: 1) Point the way, 2) Prepare us, 3) Provide for us, 4) Protect us, 5) Prevent harm, 6) Pull us out of difficulties, and 7) Preserve us.  Beginning in the next Angels post we will continue with other aspects of Angels and their ministries. 

Epilog  ~  Angels are spirit beings and invisible.  However, sometimes in Scripture they appear in human form.  Scripture reminds us: “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels” (Hebrews 13:2). 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment