~ Worship Before Work ~
The Biblical account of the life of Gideon provides for one of the most interesting character studies in all of Scripture. In this series we will discover practical lessons for living the Christian life today.
Scripture ~ “And so it was, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream and its interpretation, that he worshiped” (Judges 7:15a).
Learn From Gideon ~ Before you do a work for God you must be on your knees before Him.
- Now that Gideon is confident of God’s desire for him he first “worshipped.”
- God wants His people to pray first and continually. “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
- We need to start, and stay, in communication with our Commander!
concluding comment ~ We learn about Gideon primarily from Judges 6-8, but also Isaiah 9:1-7, and Hebrews 11:1-3, 32-34.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .