Sunday, June 23, 2013

Christ’s Presence


~ The Effect of His Presence ~

His Presence Is Intolerable to the Sinner  ~  And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden” (Genesis 3:8).  Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden” (Genesis 4:16 ).

His Presence Is Salvation to the Saint  ~  “And have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a wide place” (Psalm 31:8).  Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?  Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance” (Psalm 42:5).

His Presence Is Rest to the Servant  ~  And He said, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’  Then he said to Him, ‘If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here’” (Exodus 33:14-15).  “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment