Saturday, November 11, 2017

Fact Check, 29


~ Prayer Changes God ~         

People Say  ~  If we persist in prayer God will relent, change His mind, and answer our prayers.  (Prayer is how we make God understand the importance of doing what we want.) 

God’s Answer  ~  Prayer does not convince God to do as we want.  The process of prayer allows us to become more Christ-like and in so doing become more aligned with God’s purposes and will for our lives. 

“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).

“Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!  Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.  When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ my heart said to You, ‘Your face, Lord, I will seek.’  Do not hide Your face from me; do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.  When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.  Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies” (Psalm 27:7-11).

“Ephraim is oppressed and broken in judgment, because he willingly walked by human precept.  Therefore I will be to Ephraim like a moth, and to the house of Judah like rottenness.  When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then Ephraim went to Assyria and sent to King Jareb; yet he cannot cure you, nor heal you of your wound.  For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah.  I, even I, will tear them and go away; I will take them away, and no one shall rescue.  I will return again to My place till they acknowledge their offense.  Then they will seek My face; in their affliction they will earnestly seek Me” (Hosea 5:11-15).

Comment  ~  Prayer aligns our thinking with God’s thinking. 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment