~ Jesus Christ Is the Son of Man ~
The Bible is about Jesus Christ ~ “Jesus said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter His glory?’ And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself” (Luke 24:25-27).
In the book of Ezekiel Jesus Christ is seen in several different ways (including as the call from sin, the wheel in the middle of the wheel, and the four-faced man). The most clear view is as the Son of Man sent to rebellious Israel.
(1) God promised to send His servant David to be a shepherd over Israel (Ezekiel 34).
(2) He also to send His servant to be the king of Israel (Ezekiel 37).
(3) In both of these passages he is referred to as Israel’s coming “prince.”
(4) David was the first King in his line—that is he was never the son of a king—why then would he be called a prince?
(5) In the New Testament Jesus Christ is referred to as the “Son of David.”
(6) The last part of the book of Ezekiel (chapters 40-48) concerns the future and especially the eternal glory of the temple and the land. We see that certain areas of the land and specific sections of the temple grounds are reserved for the prince.
(7) The Jesus Christ—The Messiah would be called “a prince forever.”
(8) The Book of Ezekiel uses the term “son of man” nearly one hundred times!
(9) Jesus Christ’s most frequent description of Himself was the “Son of Man.”
Comment ~ We have only touched the surface of Christ in Ezekiel. Much more could be said about each of the previous examples.
additional comment: Compare 2 Corinthians 6:16 with Ezekiel 36:28, and 37:23, 27.
The Apostle Paul told us the Scriptures present many shadows of things to come but the reality is found in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:17).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “JESUS CHRIST IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE” SERIES ~~~
(1) Approximately once a month ALN posts an overview of how Jesus Christ is seen in a specific book of the Bible.
(2) In most cases these posts only scratch the surface regarding Jesus Christ in the particular book.
(3) These posts will typically be in the same order as the books are found in the Bible.
(4) These serial posts are in addition to our other ALN postings.
(5) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .