Wednesday, February 25, 2015

4 Dinner Parties



~ Choose Your Dinner Party Carefully ~

(1)  Supper of GraceSalvation in the Gospel  ~  “Now when one of those who sat at the table with Him heard these things, he said to Him, ‘Blessed is he who shall eat bread in the kingdom of God!’  Then He said to him, ‘A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, “Come, for all things are now ready.” But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, “I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.” And another said, “I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.” Still another said, “I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.” So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, “Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.” And the servant said, “Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.” Then the master said to the servant, “Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.”’” (Luke 14:15-24).

(2)  Supper of CommunionFellowship in the Church  ~  “Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse. For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you. Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord's Supper. For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you” (1 Corinthians 11:17-22).

(3)  Supper of GloryWorship in Glory  ~  “Then he said to me, ‘Write: “Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!”’ And he said to me, ‘These are the true sayings of God.’ And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, ‘See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy’” (Revelation 19:9-10).

(4)  Supper of JudgmentConsequences on Earth  ~  “Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, ‘Come and gather together for the supper of the great God’” (Revelation 19:17).

What does this all mean? The choices made on earth will determine your eternal destination. Every human being travels in life along their chosen path to one of two final destinations:

the final destination to choose:  Everyone who accepts the invitation to the (1) Supper of Grace is qualified to be a participant in the (2) Supper of Communion and will be in the (3) Supper of Glory. This is the final and eternal destination for those who choose to believe God’s Word.

the final destination to avoid: Everyone who fails to act upon the invitation to the (1) Supper of Grace is not invited to the (2) Supper of Communion and prohibited from the (3) Supper of Glory—rather they will be compelled to attend the (4) Supper of Judgment. This is the final and eternal destination for those who choose to not believe, or who never consciously make a choice, to believe God’s Word.

One of my prayers is that I will see all of my readers at the Supper of Glory!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment