Monday, December 31, 2018

In His Hands


~ Are You Content to Trust the Only Trustworthy One? ~    

The Psalmist stated, “My times are in Your hand” (Psalm 31:15a).

background:  I consider myself very privileged to as a small boy been involved in a very fundamental local group of Christian believers. Many of my roots go back to those early years in my life. One of my all-time favorite hymns comes out of that period—the words may be dated but the message is very contemporary. 

Our times are in Thy Hand;
Father, we wish them there!
Our life, our souls, our all we leave
Entirely to Thy care.

Our times are in Thy hand;
Whatever they may be;
Pleasing or painful, dark or bright,
As best may seem to Thee.

Our times are in Thy hand;
Why would we doubt or fear?
Our father’s had will never cause
His child a needless tear.

Our times are in Thy hand;
Jesus the crucified!
The hand our many sins have pierced
Is now our guard and guide.

Our times are in Thy hand;
O Lord, our Advocate!
Nor is that hand outstretched in vain,
For us to supplicate.

Our times are in Thy hand;
We’ll always trust in Thee,
Till we have left this weary land,
And all Thy glory see.

How about you? Do you consistently and confidently believe that your times are in God’s hands? Can you trust the Creator and sustainer of all (Colossians 1:15-17) with your life? 

Consider the Psalmists prayer. Desperate, I throw myself on You: You are my God! Hour by hour I place my days in Your hand, safe from the hands out to get me. Warm me, Your servant, with a smile; save me because You love me. Don’t embarrass me by not showing up; I’ve given You plenty of notice. Embarrass the wicked, stand them up, leave them stupidly shaking their heads as they drift down to hell. Gag those loudmouthed liars who heckle me, your follower, with jeers and catcalls” (Psalm 31:14-18, The Message).

Can you pray and trust like the Psalmist? Most importantly, do you have confidence that whatever happens God is in control—your times are in His hands? Does that give you peace? 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment