~ Jesus Christ Is The Source of Truth—The One Who Is Truth ~
The Bible is about Jesus Christ ~ “Jesus said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter His glory?’ And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself” (Luke 24:25-27).
Jesus Christ in John’s Three Letters ~ He is everlasting love in all three epistles. He is the Great Lover coming for His Bride (His true Church). But also note that the Apostle John wrote many familiar words in his account of the life of Jesus Christ. One of the more familiar verses is amplified in these three epistles. “Jesus said to him [Thomas], ‘I am the way [3 John], the truth [2 John], and the life [1 John]. No one comes to the Father except through Me’” (John 14:6).
Jesus Christ in the Epistle of 2 John ~ He is the Son of God who has come in the flesh to earth. He is the manifestation of the One who is True. As we step back and look at the big picture of the Bible a key part woven throughout the Old and New Testaments is The Messiah coming in human flesh. Interestingly, a common characteristics of many cults, false religions, and false teachers is the denial of God’s Son coming to earth in bodily flesh. “This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward” (2 John 6-8).
Comment ~ We have only touched the surface of Christ in 2 John. The Apostle Paul told us the Scriptures present many shadows of things to come but the reality is found in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:17).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “JESUS CHRIST IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE” SERIES ~~~
(1) Approximately once a month ALN posts an overview of how Jesus Christ is seen in a specific book of the Bible.
(2) In most cases these posts only scratch the surface regarding Jesus Christ in the particular book.
(3) These posts will typically be in the same order as the books are found in the Bible.
(4) These serial posts are in addition to our other ALN postings.
(5) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .