Saturday, April 28, 2018

Fact Check, 53


~ Temporary? ~           

Bible Quotation?  ~  “This too will pass.”

The Bible Says  ~  This is not a quote from the Bible.  In reality, this statement is both true and false—depending upon the context and application of the thought. 

True  ~   All things are temporal except God, His Word, and the souls of mankind. 

God:  “The eternal God is your refuge” (Deuteronomy 33:27a). 

The Word of God:  Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away” (Matthew 24:35).

Human Souls:  See the previous “Fact Check, 52” regarding the two eternal destinies. 

“Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.  His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed” (Daniel 7:14).

False  ~  Not all pain and misery leave us. 

Example:  The Apostle Paul had a constant thorn in the flesh.  “Lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.  Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’  Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).

The Significance  ~  God will provide strength and comfort to His children but He doesn’t necessarily take the pain away. 

Comment  ~  When someone says, “This too will pass” they are correct if they are thinking in terms of the ultimate result for the Christian.  If when saying “This too will pass” the underlying thought is “eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die” they are misguided. 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

NOTES:
(1)     The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)     There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)     You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website. 
(4)     You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:  Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment