~ I Am Created for Relationship With God, 3 ~
Introduction ~ When Christians understand the various characteristics and aspects of the birthright which came with their second birth, they comprehend their identity in Christ. Once Christians understand their identity, their destiny is also clear! This series of “Abundant Life Now” posts will look at one of those facets each week.
This Week’s Verse ~ Jesus said, “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God” (John 3:14-21).
Significance ~ Jesus Christ—the very Son of God—wants to have a personal relationship with you! This is the big distinctive of the Christian faith. We serve a living Savior in relationship rather than a religion of do’s and don’ts. Jesus Christ finished the work of Salvation on the Cross of Calvary. “It is finished!” (John 19:30). All you have to do is accept His offer of the free gift of eternal life.
~~~ EXPLANATORY “IDENTITY IN CHRIST” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Monday ALN posts an example of Scripture’s description of aspects/characteristics of Christians—those who have personally trusted in Jesus Christ, The Messiah, as their personal Savior.
(2) This series is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
(3) God the Father described Himself to Moses as the great “I AM” (Exodus 3:14). God the Son also said “I AM” (John 8:58).
(4) Jesus Christ is the Son of God and several times in the Gospel of John He refers to Himself as “I am.” “I am the Bread of Life” (6:35-51), “I am the Light of the World” (8:12, 9:5), “I am the Door” (10:7-9), “I am the Good Shepherd” (10:11-14), “I am the Son of God” (10:36), “I am the Resurrection and the Life” (11:25), “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (14:6), “I am in the Father, and the Father in Me … Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me” (John 14:10-11), and “I am the True Vine” (15:1-5).
(5) Individual Christians are also sons and daughters of God. This series will show some of the various “I am” aspects of a Christian.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .