~ Mentor Others ~
The Biblical account of the life of Gideon provides for one of the most interesting character studies in all of Scripture. In this series we will discover practical lessons for living the Christian life today.
Scripture ~ “And he caught a young man of the men of Succoth and interrogated him; and he wrote down for him the leaders of Succoth and its elders, 77 men. Then he came to the men of Succoth and said, ‘Here are Zebah and Zalmunna, about whom you ridiculed me, saying, ‘Are the hands of Zebah and Zalmunna now in your hand, that we should give bread to your weary men?”’ And he took the elders of the city, and thorns of the wilderness and briers, and with them he taught the men of Succoth” (Judges 8:14-16).
Learn From Gideon ~ Gideon was a leader in the true sense of the term.
- Gideon was a great warrior for God.
- Gideon followed his superior’s direction.
- Gideon did not let up as the war raged.
- Gideon did not rest while the battle continued to rage.
- And now we find that Gideon mentored others—another mark of a true leader. Gideon “took the elders of the city, and thorns of the wilderness and briers, and with them he taught the men of Succoth.”
Challenge For Us ~ Are you hoarding the knowledge and skills God has given you? Are you teaching others successful ways of accomplishing God’s work in God’s way?
concluding comment ~ We learn about Gideon primarily from Judges 6-8, but also Isaiah 9:1-7, and Hebrews 11:1-3, 32-34.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
(1) The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2) There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3) You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4) You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .