Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Core Message of the Bible, 3


~ 4 Psalms ~   

A previous ALN blog entitled “The Core Message of the Bible” based on Isaiah 53:5-6 (posted June 1, 2010) has proven to be a very popular post (the 10 most popular posts are listed at the bottom of this page).  The Psalms also provide a clear view of the Bible’s core message. The content has to do with the Fruitful and Forsaken Man and what He did for Fallen mankind and the Forgiveness He provides to mankind. Consider how four Psalms provide a great summary of the Core Message of the Bible.

The Fruitful Man  ~  Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers…  For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:1-3, 6). (Only Jesus Christ has lived this kind of life perfectly.)

The Fallen Man  ~  The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good…  All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. Will evildoers never learn—those who devour my people as men eat bread and who do not call on the Lord? (Psalm 14:1, 3-4). 

The Forsaken Man  ~  My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from saving Me, so far from the words of My groaning? … They divide My garments among them and cast lots for My clothing. But You, O Lord, be not far off; O My Strength, come quickly to help Me. Deliver My life from the sword (Psalm 22:1, 18-20). (A prophetic psalm about Calvary.)

The Forgiven Man  ~  Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord”—and You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah… Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to You while You may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach Him. You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.  Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in Him. Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! (Psalm 32:1-2, 5-7, 10-11)

SUMMARY ~
“The Fruitful Man of Psalm 1 became
The Forsaken Man of Psalm 22 in order that I
The Fallen Man of Psalm 14 might become
The Forgiven Man of Psalm 32.” 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment