Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Disciple of Jesus


~ An Appropriate Covenant at Resolution Time ~

The following covenant in the form of an essay is from an unknown source. While the original source is not positively known, some believe it originated in Zimbabwe. It is a succinct summation of what a disciple of our Lord should be. It seems worthy of reflection as we approach another year. 

“I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of His. I will not look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

“My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight-walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. 

“I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotion, or popularity. I do not have to be right, first, tops, recognized, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor by His power. 

“My face is set, my gate is fast, my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not give up, shut  up, or let up. I will go on until He comes, and work until He stops me. 

“I am a disciple of Jesus.”     

BLOGGER BOB’S COMMENT:  If you were on trial for being a disciple of Jesus, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

No comments:

Post a Comment