Sunday, May 23, 2021

God Is My… (Psalms), 60

 ~ God Is My King, 3 ~

Introduction  ~  Previously from July 16, 2017 through January 6, 2019 ALN posted a series of 60 posts of “Jesus is…,” and now we look exclusively at who “God is…” from the Book of Psalms.  While not a complete list these posts occur are in the same order they are in the Psalms. 

Passage  ~  “We do not see our signs; there is no longer any prophet; nor is there any among us who knows how long.  O God, how long will the adversary reproach?  Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever?  Why do You withdraw Your hand, even Your right hand?  Take it out of Your bosom and destroy them.  For God is my King from of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. You divided the sea by Your strength; You broke the heads of the sea serpents in the waters. You broke the heads of Leviathan in pieces, and gave him as food to the people inhabiting the wilderness.  You broke open the fountain and the flood; You dried up mighty rivers.  The day is Yours, the night also is Yours; You have prepared the light and the sun.  You have set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter” (Psalm 74:9-17).   

Prior Passages  ~  “Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.  Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I will pray.  My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up” (Psalm 5:1-3). 

You are my King, O God; command victories for Jacob. Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me.  But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us.  In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever” (Psalm 44:4-8).

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog.

* * * * *

Author web page: http://booksrlr.com/ “Books by Robert Lloyd Russell” 

·         Be an insider!  Sign up for his Author Newsletter and receive occasional news and special offers.  His books have won national and international literary awards.  Subscribe today and receive a welcome gift.  Your email will never be sold, given, or used in any other way.  You can easily unsubscribe at any time.  https://www.subscribepage.com/rlr 

Daily blog page: http://robertlloydrussell.blogspot.com/ “Abundant Life Now”

·         The INDEX of topics is accessed by scrolling down the left column.

·         The current TOP 10 reader favorites are listed at the bottom of the page.

·         Personal TOP 10 favorites are listed in the right-hand column of the blog. 

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robertlloyd.russell 

Career page: http://www.robertlloydrussell.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment