Saturday, April 23, 2022

Called by God, 2

 ~ The Obedience Call To Be A Disciple ~

 

Series Note  ~  In this set of postings we will look at the calling of God from three aspects.  First there is the Universal Call to all mankind for salvation.  Second there is the call that all Christians receive—the Obedience Call.  Finally, there is a call which all Christians receive, but sadly few accept, the Career Call. 

 

In the first post in this series, we considered the Universal Call.  In posts 2-5 we look at the new responsibilities for Christians who have accepted the Obedience Call.  In posts 6-12 we examine the new roles of Christians who have accepted the Obedience Call. 

 

Scripture  ~  “Then Jesus said to His disciples, ‘If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me’” (Matthew 16:24).

 

If you love Me, keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

 

“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.  Because I live, you will live also.  At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.  He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him” (John 14:15-21).

 

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love” (John 15:9-10).

 

Quote  ~  “Only he who believes is obedient and only he who obeys believes.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoffer

 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog.

 

* * * * *

Bible Version: Quotations are from the NKJV unless otherwise noted.  Emphasis is added.

FREE Author Newsletter: Subscribe today and receive a FREE welcome gift followed by occasional news and special offers.  https://www.subscribepage.com/rlr  Your email will never be sold, given, or used in any other way and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. 

Author web page: “Books by Robert Lloyd Russell” http://booksrlr.com/ – 11 national and international book awards.

Daily blog page: “Abundant Life Now” http://robertlloydrussell.blogspot.com/

·         An INDEX of past topics is accessed by scrolling down the left column.

·         The current TOP 10 reader favorites are listed at the bottom of the page.

·         His personal TOP 10 favorites are listed in the right-hand column of the blog. 

Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/robertlloyd.russell 

No comments:

Post a Comment