Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bee Alphabet


~ A Christian Should Be Sweet Like Honey ~           

Consider the following swarm of bees.

Be an Assured Christian ~  “For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day” (2 Timothy 1:12).   

Be a Bible Christian  ~  “Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the very end” (Psalm 119:111-112).  

Be a Consistent Christian  ~  “Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity” (1 Timothy 4:12).  

Be a Duty-loving Christian  ~  “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all” (Ecclesiastes 12:13).  

Be an Enterprising Christian  ~  “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going” (Ecclesiastes 9:10).  

Be a Forgiving Christian  ~  “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32).   

Be a Generous Christian  ~  “But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).  

Be a Hopeful Christian  ~  “For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?” (Romans 8:24).   

Be an Intelligent Christian  ~  “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. Exalt her, and she will promote you; she will bring you honor, when you embrace her. She will place on your head an ornament of grace; a crown of glory she will deliver to you” (Proverbs 4:7-9).   

Be a Just Christian  ~  “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things” (Philippians 4:8).  

Be a Kind Christian  ~  “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32).

Be a Loving Christian  ~  “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:34-35).

Be a Merciful Christian  ~  “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy” (Matthew 5:7).  

Be a Need-supplying Christian  ~  “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance” (2 Corinthians 9:8).  

Be an Overcoming Christian  ~  “To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne” (Revelation 3:21).  

Be a Prayerful Christian  ~  “Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart” (Luke 18:1). 

Be a Quickened Christian  ~  “My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your Word. I have declared my ways, and You answered me; teach me Your statutes. Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I meditate on Your wonderful works. My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your Word. Remove from me the way of lying, and grant me Your Law graciously. I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me. I cling to Your testimonies; O Lord, do not put me to shame! I will run the course of Your commandments, for You shall enlarge my heart” (Psalm 119:25-32).  

Be a Reverent Christian  ~  “Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil. Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; therefore let your words be few” (Ecclesiastes 5:1-2).  

Be a Self-sacrificing Christian  ~  “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross” (Philippians 2:5-8).   

Be a Thankful Christian  ~  “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God” (Philippians 4:6).   

Be a Uniform Christian  ~  “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:5-8).  

Be a Victorious Christian  ~  “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:37-39).   

Be a Working Christian  ~  “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).  

Be an ‘Xcellent Christian  ~  “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).   

Be a Yielding Christian  ~  “And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God” (Romans 6:13).  

Be a Zealous Christian  ~  “But it is good to be zealous in a good thing always, and not only when I am present with you” (Galatians 4:18).   

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment