Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jesus Christ, 2


~ Christ and Time – He is Unchanging and Eternal ~

Most people recognize that our calendar is based on the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ.  The year 2012 is considered to be two thousand twelve years after His birth. But Jesus Christ has existed from eternity past and will exist throughout eternity future. 

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

Consider the triple glory of Jesus Christ:

Past ~ He was with His Father at Creation.  He was the Faithful Witness and the Incarnate One on earth.  His life while He was on earth is my pattern while I am on earth.  “For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps” (1 Peter 2:21).

Present  ~  He is the First Begotten who is presently glorified in Heaven. He is a source of my power. “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Future  ~  He is the King of kings and Lord and lords and He will one day rule overall His creation. He will be the source of my eternal peace both now and in completeness in heaven.  “For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation” (Ephesians 2:14).

Consider His ministry on behalf of His saints:

Past  ~  He came to minister. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45).

Present  ~  He is a minister in the sanctuary. “A Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man” (Hebrews 8:2). 

Future  ~  He shall come forth and serve. “Blessed are those servants whom the Master, when He comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that He will gird Himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them”  (Luke 12:37-38).

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15).  This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment