Tuesday, January 1, 2013

3 Ws for 2013


~ Correct Current Christian Activity in 2013 ~        

There are three critical activities which all Christians should regularly be doing while they wait for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Worshippers  ~  Regularly remember the Lord’s death until He comes again! “For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’ In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.’ For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes” (1 Corinthians 11:23-26). 

Warriors  ~  Hold fast the truth of the Word of God until He comes again! “But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron; they shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels’—as I also have received from My Father; and I will give him the morning star. ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches’” Revelation 2:25-29).

Workers  ~  Engage in His work until He comes again! “Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. Therefore He said: ‘A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return.  So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, “Do business till I come”’”  (Luke 19:11-13).

self-test:  Are you busy in God’s work while waiting for His return? Are you busy doing the right things? Are you worshipping your Creator? Are you a warrior for Him fighting the spiritual darkness all around you? Are you working in His business as a good steward? 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment