Sunday, April 14, 2013

Christ Is Better, 1



~ Consider Four Aspects ~

Christ Is Better Than The Prophets  ~  Jesus Christ is the ultimate Prophet! “The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear” (Deuteronomy 18:15). 

“Jesus Christ was a prophet in the full sense. Not through visions, not through ideas that had come into His head, but because He existed on the other side of death! He could tell us what heaven and hell were like. He knew it because He had been there. That’s what He Himself claimed in this passage, we read, ‘I don’t speak for Myself,’ He says, ‘I tell you what I’ve seen and heard.’ And in the third chapter of John, ‘I’ve been there and I know what I’m talking about when I speak about hell. Or when I speak about heavenly things, I know whereof I speak because I’ve been there.’  Jesus Christ is the only One who can say that, my friend, and that’s why His Word is so terribly important. So terrifyingly important.” (“JIM ELLIOT: A Christian Martyr Speaks to You”; Robert Lloyd Russell, page 104; ISBN: 9781615797646)

Christ Is Better in His Relation to God  ~  Jesus Christ is the Son of God! “Simon Peter answered and said, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God’” (Matthew 16:16). “The woman said to Him, ‘I know that Messiah is coming’ (who is called Christ). ‘When He comes, He will tell us all things.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I who speak to you am He’” (John 4:25-26).  Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (John 6:69). 

Christ Is Better in His Speech  ~  Jesus Christ is the heir of all things! “God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they” (Hebrews 1:1-4).

Christ Is Better in His Person  ~  Jesus Christ is the Creator!  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made” (John 1:3). Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come” (Ecclesiastes 12:1a).

Jesus Christ is better! Jesus Christ came to earth to show us a better way!

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW            

No comments:

Post a Comment