Thursday, April 11, 2013

Only One Nation



~ Israel is the Only Resurrected Ancient Nation ~   

Biblical prophecy is fascinating!
We are living in exciting times!
We are living in a time which throughout history devout scholars of the Scripture would wish to live. 

Of all the nations which have come and gone, Israel is unique in that it has been resurrected—and its recreation occurred during the life of many who are alive today. On May 14, 1948, the United Nations approved the recreation of the Jewish State. As individuals need to be “born again” so the nation of Israel was in 1948 “born again.”  

This historical event was a fulfillment of prophecy in the Holy Scriptures made approximately 2500 years earlier. Listen to Scripture:

(1)  “‘Therefore behold, the days are coming,’ says the Lord, ‘that it shall no more be said, “The Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,” but, “The Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north and from all the lands where He had driven them.” For I will bring them back into their land which I gave to their fathers’” (Jeremiah 16:14-15 NKJV).

(2)  “Therefore, give the people of Israel this message from the Sovereign Lord: I am bringing you back, but not because you deserve it. I am doing it to protect My holy name, on which you brought shame while you were scattered among the nations. I will show how holy My great name is—the name on which you brought shame among the nations.  And when I reveal My holiness through you before their very eyes, says the Sovereign Lord, then the nations will know that I am the Lord. For I will gather you up from all the nations and bring you home again to your land.  Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you.  I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey My regulations. And you will live in Israel, the land I gave your ancestors long ago. You will be my people, and I will be your God” (Ezekiel 36:22-28, NLT).

 (3)  “Also on that day, the Master for the second time will reach out to bring back what's left of His scattered people. He'll bring them back from Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Ethiopia, Elam, Sinar, Hamath, and the ocean islands. And He'll raise that rallying banner high, visible to all nations, gather in all the scattered exiles of Israel, pull in all the dispersed refugees of Judah from the four winds and the seven seas” (Isaiah 11:11-12, The Message).

Note the phrase “visible to all nations.” What other small nation is so incredibly prominent in world affairs? None! 

This prophecy and fulfillment is incredible in another way. What other nation has been hated and persecuted to the degree that the Jewish people have been?  None! 

The most prominent example is during the Holocaust when Hitler’s armies murdered six million Jews. There have been many other attempts throughout history to eradicate the Jewish people. Yet the small nation of Israel is the only ancient nation to re-emerge.

World leaders today continue to search for an acceptable way to divide Israel into a “Two State Solution” which typically includes dividing or separating Jerusalem from Israel. Scholars of Scripture, however, are well aware of another prophesy in Scripture. God has made it clear that His temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem. 

One example of current exciting events is in regard to the temple. Plans, resources, and organizing efforts are underway for the rebuilding of His temple.

the key question:  Are you ready for Jesus Christ’s sure return when He will take His people home to be with Him forever? 

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment