Thursday, January 30, 2014

10 Houses



~  The “House of the Lord” in the Psalms  ~

House of Contemplation  ~  One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple” (Psalm 27:4).

House of Satisfaction  ~  “How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light” (Psalm36:7-9). 

House of Fellowship  ~  We took sweet counsel together, and walked to the house of God in the throng” (Psalm 55:14).

House of Offerings  ~  I will go into Your house with burnt offerings; I will pay You my vows, which my lips have uttered and my mouth has spoken when I was in trouble. I will offer You burnt sacrifices of fat animals, with the sweet aroma of rams; I will offer bulls with goats” (Psalm 66:13-15).

House of Growth  ~  The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him” (Psalm 92:12-15).

House of Holiness  ~  “Your testimonies are very sure; holiness adorns Your house, O Lord, forever” (Psalm 93:5).

House of Testimony  ~  I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people, in the courts of the Lord’s house, in the midst of you, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord!” (Psalm 116:18-19).

House of Blessing  ~  Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! We have blessed you from the house of the Lord” (Psalm 118:26).

House of Constraint  ~  “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go into the house of the Lord.’ Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem! Jerusalem is built as a city that is compact together, where the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, to the Testimony of Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord. For thrones are set there for judgment, the thrones of the house of David. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: ‘May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.’ For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, ‘Peace be within you.’ Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good” (Psalm 122).  

House of Praise  ~  Praise the Lord! Praise the name of the Lord; praise Him, O you servants of the Lord! You who stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God, praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praises to His name, for it is pleasant” (Psalm 135:1-3).  

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment