Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jesus Christ as God



~ Testimonies To The Deity of Jesus Christ  ~

The Old Testament  ~  The Scriptures contain literally hundreds of prophecies regarding The Messiah—Jesus Christ.  For example, see the Abundant Life Now “Messiah” posts each Saturday since June 25, 2011. 

The New Testament  ~  The record continues to be clear that Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh.  For example, see the subsequent sub-headings in this post—what His contemporaries, His disciples, Doubting Thomas, the Apostle Peter, and even the Devil said about The Messiah.  Additionally, Jesus Christ claimed to be God.

Jesus Christ, Himself  ~  Jesus said, “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30).  “Jesus said to him, ‘Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip?  He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, “Show us the Father?”  Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?  The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.  Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves’” (John 14:9-11). 

His Contemporaries  ~  Consider those who knew Jesus Christ while He was on earth.  Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: ‘Hosanna to the Son of David!  “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”  Hosanna in the highest!’  And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, ‘Who is this?’  So the multitudes said, ‘This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee’” (Matthew 21:9-11). 

His Disciples  ~  “Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them.  When they saw Him, they worshiped Him” (Matthew 28:16-17a). 

Doubting Thomas  ~  “Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.  The other disciples therefore said to him, ‘We have seen the Lord.’  So he said to them, ‘Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.’ …  And Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:24-25, 28). 

The Apostle Peter  ~  “Jesus Christ said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’  Simon Peter answered and said, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God’” (Matthew 16:15-16). 

The Devil  ~  “Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him …  Then Jesus said to him,  ‘Away with you, Satan!  For it is written, “You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.”’  Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him” (Matthew 4:5-6a, 10-11). 

the key question: “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you do not answer it, or answer it incorrectly, you have made the biggest mistake anyone can make!

~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment